No Taming This Shrew

7.08.2005

Lesson learned

Thou shalt not blog when addled by low pressure fronts.

Thou shalt not distract yourself from important issues, news, or projects with this damn blog.

Thou shalt not share things that embarrass you to an extent that you wake up in the morning thinking, "I need to delete that...right after coffee."

Thou shalt learn to spell.

Thou shalt not write about the banalities of men versus women for at least a month. I mean, honestly...it's like being the 9 o'clock hour of the Today show -- let's try out juicers! What news?

So there you go. I feel a little Claven-y having blogger's regret, but I did awake (TO THE POUNDING RAIN THAT WILL NOT CEASE GAAWDDAMMMITTT!!!) feeling unclean and thinking that nothing so banal should ever see the light of day.

Now I just have to figure out what to wear to work -- I walk to work, and it's raining cats and dogs (this is actually a great expression and I wonder if its origins are in some sort of terrible storm that swept up domestic animals -- like the cows in "Twister") and I don't want to end up looking like a second place finisher in a poorly planned wet t-shirt contest. That doesn't help my ethos in editorial board meetings. It's too hot and sticky for the trench. Something cotton that will dry under the hand dryers at work, perhaps. (I'm going to put up a sign that says "ladies please use the air freshener" in honor of Alley, who surprised me into hilarity this morning...)

Swan diving into banality again...catch you when I reconnect with wit and originality! Cheerio...